REGISTRATION INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS
Registration from November 1 – December 1 (see staggered district deadlines)
Utah District Deadline: Monday, 11/26
Arizona District Deadline: Tuesday 11/27
Nevada District Deadline: Wednesday 11/28
Northern California Deadline: Thursday 11/29
Southern California Deadline: Friday 11/30
Schedule: After the registration deadline closes, details are tracked down, music is vetted and the automated scheduler is run, your student, accompanist, and judging schedules will be emailed to you. (Please allow at least 2 weeks after the registration deadline for our committee to review the schedule, vet the repertoire and make any necessary corrections.)
Staff Accompanists: We will, once again, contract with pianists to play for those who are not bringing their own. These staff pianists will be listed by category (Staff Accompanist Division 1, etc.) in the drop-down menu. The fee will be based on the number of songs the student is singing. So, $40 for 2-3 songs and $50 for 4-5 songs. The fee does not cover rehearsal. It does pay for multiple rounds should your student move on to the semi-final or final rounds.
One reason the audition site is so affordable is that customer support consists of largely of a NATS volunteer from our region. Please make an effort to be as self-sufficient as possible by reading the instructions listed above. Should these resources fail to answer your questions, email email@example.com.
Registration will open November 1st and CLOSE at midnight DECEMBER 1, 2018. This deadline is early in the month because reaching everyone over the holidays to troubleshoot is quite difficult. Please be aware that this is a hard deadline. Once registration closes, no changes (including to repertoire) may be made. As much as we would like to be accommodating, it simply isn’t possible.
Maximums: Be aware that teachers may register up to 20 students. Each division entered counts as an entry. If bringing your own accompanist, s/he can play for a maximum of 20 students entries. Again, each division entered counts as an entry. This is necessary to facilitate scheduling
Website and Support:
1. Go to nats.org and log in.
2. Go to Member Home.
3. Scroll down until you see the green button NATS AUDITIONS REGISTRATION. This button will only show up if you are current with your dues. Only members in good standing can enter students. Please pay your 2019 dues. We are required to check members’ standing before running the auditions. If you haven’t paid your national and chapter dues, your students can not participate. It can take several days for your dues payment to “post” in the auditions site. Plan accordingly.
4. You will be redirected to the auditions site. If your chapter is currently holding auditions, once you are redirected, be sure to select the Register for Another Audition/Conference and select Cal-West Regional Auditions 2019.
5. Use 5 minutes of your students’ lessons to register them since they know their addresses, birthdays, piece names, composers, etc.
6. Accompanist name and contact information and student repertoire are required information. Do not select a pianist unless you have asked them in advance. They may already be committed to another teacher.
7. Take care in selecting repertoire as it can not be changed once the auditions are closed.
8. As you are checking out, you will list your judging preferences (Classical, CCM, Music Theater) and your availability to judge. If you are unable to attend or do not list someone who will judge in your place, you will be assessed a fee of $60. This fee will be used to pay for a replacement judge. We understand about being unable to travel and attend. We need you to understand that asking a colleague to donate a day on your and your student's behalf is a big ask. The replacement judge fee of $60.00 for the day doesn't begin to cover the income your colleague will lose by taking off a day to judge in your place.
9. You will need to pay with a credit card for the student registration and collect that money from your students.