· Be unedited, without zooms, pans or changing camera angles
o Exception: Introductory slates may be edited in at the beginning
· Include only one selection per video
· Include an introduction or slate. This can be edited in, and can be in the form of a slide or a live introduction.
· Have the following YouTube settings (Required):
o Not made for kids
o Title with Student Name, Category, and Name of selection
· NOT have any mention of teacher, studio, or school/university. This includes the YouTube channel name, titles, and notes.
· Include accompaniment. For Musical Theatre and Classical categories, this must be piano accompaniment only, provided by either a live accompanist or a recorded accompaniment. For Commercial Music, instrumental tracks may be used, or students can accompany themselves (*see category rules)
· Be memorized.
o Exception: Oratorio arias in the Classical category.
· Be unamplified. Microphone use for recording is acceptable; amplification is not.
o Exception: Commercial Music students may now use amplification.
The video guidelines for the National competition can be found here
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org